Dr. Kathy Kinslow is a gifted and experienced teacher, and also functions as a seer prophet to the body of Christ. She taught in South America for nineteen years, sixteen of which were in dual language schools in Asuncion, Paraguay. Her preparation includes a PhD in Instructional Leadership with a concentration in the Social Foundations of Education. Her passion is to transform our culture to one that reflects the Kingdom by enabling the body of Christ to walk in its God-given purpose and thus fulfill its destiny.
In Christianity, a seer is regarded as a prophetic figure with a unique spiritual gift of perceiving and interpreting divine revelations, visions, and insights. While the term “seer” may not be explicitly mentioned in the Bible to describe this role, the concept aligns closely with the prophetic tradition found within Christian scriptures and history.
In the Bible, prophets played a significant role in conveying God’s messages to the people of Israel and the early Christian communities. The prophetic ministry included individuals who received divine revelations, visions, dreams, and insights, which they then communicated to the people. Notable prophets like Samuel, Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel, among others, are examples of those who received and shared prophetic revelations.
The prophet Samuel, for instance, is described as a seer in 1 Samuel 9:9: “In Israel, if you want to inquire of God, you should say, ‘Come, let’s go to the seer,’ because the prophet of today used to be called a seer.”
Seer Ministry in Modern Christianity
In Christianity, the term “seer” is often used to describe individuals who have a heightened ability to receive and convey divine revelations, visions, and messages from God. These individuals may have prophetic giftings that go beyond preaching and teaching, enabling them to see into the spiritual realm and discern God’s will in a particularly vivid and revelatory manner.
The Seer Ministry within Christianity includes the following aspects:
- Prophetic Visions: Seers may receive visions or images that convey spiritual truths, guidance, or future events. These visions can be symbolic or literal and are often interpreted through prayer and discernment.
- Dream Interpretation: Seers may have the gift of interpreting dreams, understanding their spiritual significance, and discerning the messages God may be conveying through them.
- Discernment: Seers possess a heightened spiritual discernment, allowing them to perceive the presence of angels, demons, or other spiritual beings. They can often distinguish between the source of spiritual influences.
- Word of Knowledge: Seers may receive words of knowledge—a supernatural understanding of facts or details about a person’s life, circumstances, or needs—directly from God. This knowledge can be used for guidance, encouragement, or ministry.
- Prophetic Utterances: Seers may speak forth prophetic words, offering guidance, encouragement, correction, or warnings based on the insights and revelations they receive from God.
- Intercessory Prayer: Seers often engage in intercessory prayer, using their spiritual insight to pray for individuals, communities, or nations. Their prayers are believed to carry special weight due to their prophetic sensitivity.
- Healing Ministry: Some seers have the ability to facilitate spiritual and emotional healing by identifying and addressing underlying spiritual issues.
In Christianity, a seer is a prophetic figure who possesses a unique spiritual gift for perceiving and interpreting divine revelations and insights. While the term “seer” is not explicitly used in the Bible, it aligns with the broader prophetic tradition found in Christian scriptures. In contemporary Christian communities, individuals with seer-like giftings continue to play a role in providing spiritual guidance, discerning God’s will, and conveying prophetic messages to believers.